If you are looking to update your kitchen you might be considering replacing your current countertop with an oak effect or veneer worktop. But which should you choose? In this blog post, we explore these worksurfaces in detail and explain the benefits of each.
Oak Veneer Worktops
Our 635mm oak veneer worktops have been constructed from a core of robust composite wooden particle board. Atop this is a 3mm think veneer of prime grade solid European oak which covers all visible sides. The result is a worktop with the appearance and feel of solid oak. With the perfect combination of beauty, durability and affordability, oak veneer worktops enhance any traditional or contemporary cooking area with a timeless appeal.
Benefits of Oak Veneer Worktops
- Requiring less care than solid timber, our oak veneer worktops are a low maintenance choice and are ideal for even the busiest household.
- An oak veneer worktop measuring 3m x 635mm x 38mm costs £155.00 whereas a solid oak worktop of comparable dimensions costs £175.00.
- Measuring 635mm wide, they are fully compatible with Ikea kitchen cabinets without the need for cutting.
Oak Effect Worktops
Oak effect worktops are constructed in much the same way as oak veneer worktops, however, instead of a layer of real oak veneer these surfaces have been wrapped in laminate overlays, before being sealed with heat under high pressure. The appeal of these countertops is that they replicate various styles of real oak but do not require the regular maintenance associated with timber.
Benefits of Oak Effect Worktops
- With decors that replicate the authentic grain pattern and colours of natural solid wood, oak effect worktops are visually appealing.
- An oak block laminate worktop that measures 3M x 600 x 38mm cost just £60 making them a highly affordable choice.
- No other worktop is as low maintenance as a laminate work surface.
- Our oak effect worktops are available in a wide variety of décors for traditional or contemporary kitchens.
Shop the Range of Oak Effect Worktops
Have you decided to choose an oak effect or veneer worktop for your kitchen? Let us know which one and why in the comments below. Do not forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for even more stories like this or subscribe to our newsletter for updates and information about new products, special offers and competitions.