Cleaning Solid Laminate Worktops
Making sure that your kitchen surfaces are hygienic is essential for a healthy lifestyle. Cleaning solid laminate worktops could not be simpler as they only require a wipe with a weak solution of water and mild detergent. Maintaining these worktops is easy because they are waterproof, which also helps protect them from moisture ingress.
7 Easy Steps for Cleaning Solid Laminate Worktops:
- Clear off any dust or particles using a lint-free cloth.
- Create a solution of water and mild detergent in a bowl or large jug.
- Dip a cloth in the solution and wring it out until it is damp.
- Using motion circular, wipe over the dirty areas or the entire worktop, ensuring you take extra care where your worktop meets the wall.
- Rinse your cloth in clean, warm water to get rid of the detergent solution, then wipe the surface again.
- Finally, take a clean, dry cloth and go over the worktop until it is fully dry.
- Repeat if necessary.
Surfaces should be cleaned on a regular basis – as well as after food preparation – and although solid laminate worktops are stain resistant, it is recommended that you clear up any spillages as soon as they appear.
Sticky substances such as bread dough might be more difficult to clean up, and whilst solid laminate worktops are extremely hardwearing, you must resist the temptation to use implements to scrape off hard to clean dirt. Instead, persist with the water and detergent solution when cleaning solid laminate worktops to prevent any unfortunate accidents, however unlikely.