Stainless Steel Hotrods
Here at Worktop Express®, we pride ourselves on sourcing premium timbers that lend themselves to personalisation. The superior thickness and quality finish of our solid wood worktops allows us to accommodate a variety of adornments, from drainage grooves to edge profiles.
Stainless Steel Hotrods
One of our most popular bespoke options is the stainless steel hotrod (which, though exciting in its own right, is not to be confused with a large-engined American car! Purchasing the latter for your worktop is not something we would recommend).
Back to worktops: in this article, we’ll explain some important benefits of the stainless steel hotrod – and why we recommend this as a fantastic worktop enhancement for exceptional value.
Essential for the busy kitchen
- Kitchens are an increasingly flexible space. Gone are the days in which the kitchen was strictly for food preparation: it is now a lively hub, popular for cooking, dining and entertaining. As such, we appreciate that you will want to make good use of every available surface.
- Hot rods create an excellent heatproof surface – ideal for hot pans or plates -and, as these are set into the worktop, negate the necessity for additional pan-stand space.
- Why not make your worktop a multifunctional area by incorporating a set of hot-rods?
A stylish addition
- The five apertures are routed in an attractive diamond formation into which the stainless steel hotrods (supplied) can then be set.
- The steel insets instantly imbue your worktop with a hint of modern flair and contrast elegantly with the solid timber.
Protection for your spectacular timber
- Our solid timbers are extremely durable but are not completely heat resistant.
- In order to maintain the sleek appearance of these wonderful materials and avoid any damage through scorching, we would recommend guarding against heat. Hot rods are ideal for this.
Easy and flexible
Walnut Worktop with Hotrod Grooves
- You may choose to fix the hotrods in place with an adhesive.
- Alternatively, the rods can be left unfixed. Due to their compact design, the hotrods can then be slipped in and out of their apertures with ease (and are very accessible for cleaning). The choice is yours!
To conclude: we truly believe that our hotrods introduce the perfect marriage of style and function to your kitchen worktop. And – thanks to our experienced fabrication team and high-quality timbers – the hotrod formulation can be applied to your wooden worktop with precision, ensuring stunning results for outstanding value.
Stainless steel hotrods and corresponding grooves can be ordered online with our worktop customisation tool. For further assistance with using this tool, why not take a look at our Bespoke Worktop Tool User Guide?