Drainage Grooves: A Worktop Express® Nutshell Guide
The quality and density of the superior timbers used by Worktop Express® facilitate many possibilities for customisation.
Drainage grooves are one such possibility – and the fact that grooves can be routed into the top surface of our worktops with such precision evidences both the quality of our craftsmanship and that of the solid material. Non-solid worktop materials – such as laminate – could not support this addition. Drainer grooves also have the benefit of adding another dimension to a solid wood surface, showing off the natural grain pattern in an unprecedented manner.
Good news, then: amongst the many benefits of owning solid wooden worktops is a real freedom of choice. Just what to choose is another question, however – with so many fabrication choices available through our bespoke cutting service, you may well wonder what drainage grooves have to offer.
To answer this question, in this article we take a look at some of the reasons you might consider incorporating drainer grooves into your kitchen worktop.
Benefits of Drainage Grooves
- The primary advantage of a drainage groove is its cost-effectiveness. By fashioning your wood worktop to fulfil the drainage role, you remove the need for a separate and expensive drainer unit. Our grooves are extremely effective due to their tapered design, which allows for natural drainage.
Perfect for Belfast/Undermounted Sinks:
- Another advantage of inset drainage grooves is that these accommodate the option of an undermounted or Belfast sink. With these sinks, a drainage device of some sort is required: routing drainage grooves eliminates the need to purchase a separate unit.
- Belfast and undermounted sinks are currently extremely popular; our drainage grooves meld seamlessly with the timber surface to accentuate the sleek, clean lines of these sinks that are set snugly into your solid wood worktop. The overall effect is pristine and slick – perfect for the on-trend kitchen.
Available in a Variety of Decorative Options…
- Indeed, as we appreciate that drainage grooves are not only a functional addition but an eye-catching feature, we have recently expanded our range to include fan and fountain drainage grooves.
- Both new designs are a stylish twist on the drainer groove feature: the fan, as its name suggests, is a set of six drainage grooves which unfurl subtly from a central point; whereas the six grooves of the fountain curl delicately in a fluid motion.
- We have a drainage groove to suit any kitchen. For a quirky, statement groove, select the fan; for a charming ornament, we recommend the fan; and for a timeless, classic addition, our standard straight option.
- Please note that there is no difference in the breadth that the three different designs cover; any dissimilarities are merely stylistic.
- However, we can offer flexibility in terms of length. Our standard length is 400mm but we can work to longer/shorter lengths according to your preference.
We hope that this discussion will have answered some of the questions you might have about this valuable addition. If you have any other queries or would like some advice on which drainage grooves might be most suitable for you, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
If you would like to order drainage grooves via our online worktop customisation tool, please read our Bespoke Worktop Tool User Guide for more information.