Earthstone is the latest addition to our expansive range of kitchen worktops. These attractive solid surfaces join our collections of solid wood worktops and laminate worktops to provide a stylish and practical alternative to quartz or granite.
STYLES AND FINISH
Our new range of Earthstone worktops offers a range of decors to suit every taste and interior style.
These composite surfaces are intended to replicate the look and feel of a quartz or granite worktop, but are both easier to fit and lower in price. Earthstone bridges the gap between laminate and granite, and are engineered to meet the demanding requirements of a hectic household.
The designs in our collection suit a vast range of kitchen styles, whether you need a paler surface to reflect natural light, or are looking for something a little more dark and luxurious. Each worktop features a matt finish that is an ideal low-maintenance choice for busy kitchens, though Earthstone can be polished to create a more glossy appearance, should you prefer.
COMPOSITION AND MANUFACTURE
Earthstone kitchen worktops are available in a variety of sizes up to 3.6 metres in length, or up to 900mm wide – ideal for creating a kitchen island or breakfast bar.
The surfaces are constructed by bonding a 6mm acrylic layer to the top and front edges of a 28mm chipboard core. This creates a hygienic, hard-wearing and impact-resistant surface that can be seamlessly installed to create smooth surface without obvious joins.
These acrylic surfaces can be sanded and polished, and are easy to work with when on site, as no templating is required. Coordinating jointing adhesive allows exposed edges to be finished with matching edging strips that are easy to cut to size.
Most of the Earthstone kitchen worktops in our collection feature a 3mm edge profile that creates a soft, subtle rounded look that’s ideal in busy homes. Some decors feature a bevel profile instead, which creates a premium look that replicates the design often seen on real granite worktops.
A moisture-resistant barrier on the underside of each worktops helps to protect the composite core from moisture ingress, meaning that Earthstone worktops can be used above “wet” appliances such as fridges, freezers and washing machines.
Coordinating upstands and splashbacks can also be purchased alongside our Earthstone countertops. These Earthstone accessories include upstands, which are a sophisticated alternative to using tiles all the way down to the work surface, and will give your kitchen a seamless look. These upstands also create a hygienic join between the worktop and an adjacent wall, helping to disguise any small gaps behind the work surface.
Our Earthstone splashbacks are another great choice for coordinating with matching worktops in your new kitchen. These splashbacks are ideal for protecting walls behind hobs and sinks, and can be easily wiped clean.
Matching edging strips are also available for finishing any exposed edges, which can be easily attached using the specialist adhesive.
These Earthstone worktops are constructed from an acrylic composite that requires very little aftercare once installed, but – as like any kitchen surface – they will undergo a vast amount of wear and tear from constant use, so the following instructions are intended to keep the worktops in great condition and have a long life.
- Remove everyday spills and substances immediately with a cloth and soapy water, though if a stain has dried, it may require a more abrasive cleaner.
- Remove any harsh chemical marks using a non-abrasive cleaner and the scouring-pad side of a kitchen sponge.
- Scratches on the surface can be removed by using a course sandpaper followed by wet & dry sandpaper, after which we would recommend polishing to bring back the shine of the worktop.
- To keep Earthstone worktops looking shiny and stain free it is recommended that solid surface worktops are regularly cleaned using an anti-static glass cleaner or solid surface polish.
- If you have an Earthstone modular unit with sink, it is recommended to occasionally fill the sink half way with bleach and dilute with water. Leave the mixture for 15 minutes and then rinse off.
- To prevent damage to the Earthstone surface, do not chop or cut directly onto the worktop. Use a worktop protector, cutting mat or our one of our solid surface chopping boards.
- Instead of putting hot pots or pans directly onto the surface, use a heat pad or route hotrod grooves into the surface.
- To prevent scratches from appearing, use mats under ceramic wear and avoid dragging heavy items across the surface.
- It is suggested to always run the cold water tap if tipping boiling water into an Avonite sink as persistent high temperature may deform the surface.
Worktop Express purchases all worktops in bulk, allowing us to offer the most competitively-priced Earthstone kitchen worktops on the market. All worktops are kept in stock wherever possible, allowing us to deliver directly to customers across England, Wales and Scotland in a quick and efficient manner via our in-house 2Man delivery service.
Our innovative online stock-ordering systems enable us to reduce the amount of unallocated stock that we hold, whilst our direct-to-public model means that we are able to maintain lower prices than our competitors.
Prices start from just £260.
WHY BUY EARTHSTONE WORKTOPS FROM WORKTOP EXPRESS?
When you buy Earthstone worktops from Worktop Express, you can be assured that you are investing in a quality product. What’s more, our Earthstone surfaces are sourced a suppliers holding the FIRA Gold Product certification, which offers our customers the peace of mind of knowing our worktops comply with all the relevant legislation and meet
the highest standards set for the industry.
Thanks to the broad range of decors we offer, there is an Earthstone worktop to suit every style of home interior. Whatever your taste, we are certain you will find a worktop that is the perfect fit for your kitchen at Worktop Express.